Management and ownership
This website is owned and operated by Bristol City Council on behalf of the West of England Partnership: Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol City, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Councils (referred to as ‘we’ or ‘our’).
This website was created by Nameless Media and is now hosted and maintained by Green Chameleon Media, Bristol.
Better By Bike will endeavour to ensure that this website is accessible for 24 hours a day but will not be liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any time or for any period. Better By Bike will have the right to suspend access to the site temporarily or permanently and without notice.
The information contained on this website is provided for information purposes only and we will use reasonable care and skill to ensure that it is accurate at the date of publication. However, because of the nature of the internet, there may be circumstances in which errors occur within the information.
Consequently, we make no guarantee as to the accuracy of any information on this website and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions within it.
Better By Bike makes every effort to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate, but cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage which may occur from using the information provided in third party material. Information is provided ‘as is’ and the inclusion of information about third party products and services on this website is not a recommendation or endorsement of products or services by us. Third-party content is not controlled by us and it is not possible to guarantee that links will work all of the time.
These are the terms and conditions which apply to your use of this website. Please read them carefully. By proceeding with access to this website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Please note that this website is intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom. It is not intended for residents and investors of other countries because the law and/or cycling conditions in other countries may restrict the distribution and relevance of the information on this website. For the avoidance of doubt, none of the information on this website constitutes an offer to contract in any country in which it is available including the UK.
Better By Bike accepts no responsibility for the content of or use of any website which is accessed via a hypertext link from this website.
Better By Bike has user-generated content within its structure. Better By Bike cannot guarantee that the content submitted by users will not be offensive or inappropriate. Where this material is deemed offensive or inappropriate it will be removed as soon as it is identified.
Better By Bike cannot guarantee that this website is free of viruses or technical defects of any description, and accepts no responsibility for any technical problems arising from your use of this website.
Occasionally we may ask you to take part in surveys or consultations about our services.
To do this, we may use a system hosted on our website server, a system hosted by one of the local authorities of the West of England Partnership or a third-party system to help us sort the information that you provide.
The information shown on our online tools including, but not limited to, “Journey Planner”, is provided by third parties through data providers including (but not limited to) Data.gov.uk, CycleStreets and Google Maps. You understand and agree to the following:
- (a) Map data, directions and related Content (the “Results”) are provided for planning purposes only. You may find that weather conditions, construction projects, closures or other events may cause road conditions or directions to differ from the results provided by the Tools. You should exercise judgement in your use of the Results.
- (b) Certain Content is provided under licence from third parties and is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to such third parties.
- (c) We cannot be held responsible for any outdated information shown on these online tools or delays to your journeys, and disclaim all warranties in connection with the Results and Tools, and will not be liable for any damage, injury or loss resulting from your use of the Results or the Tools.
This website may write small files to your computer called ‘cookies’. We may use them for the following reasons:
- to ensure you are properly logged in where this is necessary to use the site.
- to track your progress through the site so we can make improvements to the service we offer you;
- to remember any preferences which the site may allow you to set.
The cookies we store on your computer do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you do not have to accept cookies & you can disable them or change the way your computer handles them by adjusting your settings. See the ‘help’ function in your web browser or security software for more information.
If you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience problems using areas of this website that require you to log on.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights
You are not permitted to download, print, redistribute or extract any information from this website other than for your personal, non-commercial use.
You are not permitted to reproduce, modify or in any way change any of the information available on this website.
Better By Bike has established this website in England. English Law shall govern its use at all times and in the event of a dispute, the parties shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Copyright and permissions
By submitting images or video to the website, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by staging.betterbybike.info and Greater Bristol’s Better By Bike project and will indemnify staging.betterbybike.info and Greater Bristol’s Better By Bike project against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement; and they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by staging.betterbybike.info.
By entering a competition, you grant staging.betterbybike.info and Greater Bristol’s Better By Bike project and its sponsors and supporters a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose directly connected with the competition.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- display at any exhibitions
- on a secure web browser for judging purposes
- on the staging.betterbybike.info website
- for use in press releases to be distributed to the national, regional & specialist press giving information about or promoting the competition;
For any use that falls outside this remit, royalties will be discussed & negotiated with the photographer concerned.